[Users] HostNic Addition with IP Address

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 13:52:01 UTC 2012

Hi Rahul,

#1 is the right place for doing this, see method __doc__ [1]
#2 used for attaching network to NIC, see __doc__ is [2]

* note all methods in sdk well documented describing what
parameters-holder to use and how to fill it.

[1]
        '''
        @type HostNIC:

        @param hostnic.network.id|name: string
        @param hostnic.name: string
        [@param hostnic.bonding.slaves.host_nic: collection]
        {
          [@ivar host_nic.id|name: string]
        }
        [@param hostnic.bonding.options.option: collection]
        {
          [@ivar option.name: string]
          [@ivar option.value: string]
          [@ivar type: string]
        }
        [@param hostnic.ip.gateway: string]
        [@param hostnic.boot_protocol: string]
        [@param hostnic.mac: string]
        [@param hostnic.ip.address: string]
        [@param hostnic.ip.netmask: string]

        @return HostNIC:
        '''

[2]
        '''
        @type Action:

        @param action.network.id|name: string
        [@param action.async: boolean]
        [@param action.grace_period.expiry: long]

        @return Response:
        '''

On 07/05/2012 03:00 PM, Rahul Upadhyaya wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
>                I am facing issues while adding NIC with Static I.P. to host using the oVirt Python-Bindings. There are two api's
>
>                     1) HostNics.add :Here it requires binding param for interface bonding as a compulsory param. I dont want to bond more than one interfaces for a network
> while creating network each time.
>
>                     2) HostNic.attach: This lets me attach the NIC but does not let me put static IP address to it as soon as I add it. I am using a workaround of updating
> the NIC with the IP information, but it requires me to put all the hosts on maintenance and shut-down all the running VMs which again is not the best way of doing it.
>

> Is it not supported by the API that at the time of addition of the hostNIC we can specify the IP address or is it something that I am missing ?
> Also,I see that this operation is supported from the manager UI .
>

> --
> Regards,
> Rahul

Michael Pasternak