[Users] oVirt 3.1 and Glusterfs how-to

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 12:19:21 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 10:08 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

>>> Unless I am missing something if I setup Gluster to use anything other
>>> then the ovirtmgmt network then I can't create volumes because the
>>> engine uses the ovirtmgmt networks IP's and Gluster doesn't recognize
>>> it.
>>
>> engine uses ovirtmgmt to create them.
>> you can define another network to consume them (assuming you have more
>> than a single nic. otherwise, i'm not sure why it matters).
>>
> Are you suggesting that I add both Network IP into Gluster.  That would
> work but how would I know what network Gluster would use to sync up with?

I can think of two items:
1. network for hosts running VMs to communicate over - I assume will be
based on the url of the export you provide (well, for nfs. for
native/posix, not sure how redirection will work).

maybe worth adding something similar to the 'display network' - telling
gluster which interface should be provided for clients to communicate over

2. for communication between gluster nodes for replication, etc.

maybe worth defining something like 'live migration network' or 'storage
network'[1] - telling nodes which interface they should use for
replication between nodes.

[1] both storage and live migration network are still not available for
ovirt today, just a concept.
display network is available today.