[Users] Wondering about updating ovirt from 3.0 to 3.1

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Fri Jul 13 01:08:14 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 03:01 PM, Dominic Kaiser wrote:
> So does Fedora 16 have an Ovirt 3.1 repo?  It seems best way to do
> this correct me if I am wrong:
No.  There are no Fedora 16 Repo's

> 1. Uninstall 3.0
> 2. engine-cleanup do not drop database
> 3. Reinstall
>
> Good to go right?  Will this mess with vm's already running etc.
Pretty certain this will break things badly.

The un-test but the way that should work is.

Uninstall oVirt 3.0 do not engine-clean
Upgrade from Fedora 16 to Fedora 17.
Add the beta repo's
yum clean all
Yum install ovirt-engine
Run enginue-upgrade and follow it instructions

Since I was stuck at the DMV all day I haven't had a change to test
these instructions at all before doing these steps I would do a full
backup of the DB and a snapshot of the system.  If you can clone the
system and do these steps on a clone even better.

Thanks
Robert