[Users] "Error: Cannot attach Storage. Storage Domain doesn't exist."

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Thu Jul 19 17:35:39 UTC 2012

 Hi all!

This is my first post to this list.

I set up a fedora16 HV, and an oVirt engine on fedora 16, both booted and installed on fibre channel storage.

Everything works fine, shows up in web gui on engine, host discovered and active, until that I try to attach storage.

Then I get this message: "Error: Cannot attach Storage. Storage Domain doesn't exist."

 Same as in the post: "iSCSI discovery not showing all LUNs - oVirt 3.14", also this month.

In that post discuss if LUN's are dirty or not. My LUN's are not dirty.

I checked that by removing the data LUN, removing the LUN mapping creating a new LUN I didn't use(so the new LUN I will use didn't use something of the old one), and finally creating a new LUN of different size.

 Same result with that LUN when I try to use it as storage domain: "Error: Cannot attach Storage. Storage Domain doesn't exist."

 I was reading the enclosed vdsm-log of the message: "iSCSI discovery not showing all LUNs - oVirt 3.14"

 The log was a lot about MPIO, if I understood right. Could it be that the MPIO driver isn't discover a dual path, only a single path? Right now I don't have an fc switch, so I am unable to test if that would solve the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards Johan