[Users] Upgrading ovirt-engine from Centos dre repo

Ofer Schreiber oschreib at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 13:29:55 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Ofer Schreiber <oschreib at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The upgrade should work fine between 3.1 to 3.1, although we never
> > tested it.
> > the upgrade utility backup the entire DB before starting, feel free
> > to backup the host before that, since you'll probably be the first
> > to > try it.
>

> Thank you Ofer,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "...to backup the host before that."
>  in
> what way should I backup the host, and what do you refer to when you
> say host?

iiuc, the engine is inside a vm, so a simple disk snapshot would be optimal.
if not - any other method of backing up the host in which the engine is installed is enough (lvm snapshot for example).
You can backup only the db - it's just a matter of how critical is your environment (and the ease of revert)