[Users] How to configure sharedFS ?

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 1 05:55:07 UTC 2012

On 02/29/2012 08:06 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 07:42:15PM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
>> On 02/27/2012 04:55 AM, Ayal Baron wrote:
>>> Any help on documenting this so people would not have to dig into the code would be greatly appreciated.

>>> Let us know if you need further assistance..
>> This is how I plan to attack it... using vdscli, let me know if my
>> steps are correct ?
>>
>> 1) Use createStorageDomain to create a SHAREDFS_DOMAIN of domTypes
>> data&  iso
>> 2) Use  createStoragePool and associate the above sd's with this pool.
>> 3) How to copy .iso into the newly create iso dom ?
>> engine-iso-uploader won't know abt it, rite ?
> I would've used `cp` (chown to make sure vdsm can read it when needed).

engine-iso-uploader create the needed dir structure (metadata, images,
dom_md etc)
and put the .iso in the right dir. Using `cp` I will have to do that
myself, rite ?
>> 4) create a volume to represent my vm disk
>> 5) Use create to create a VM and run it
>>
>> Is this the recommended way ( to use individual vdscli cmds) or the
>> way its done in
>> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Standalone ?
>>
> For human-triggered setup, running vdsClient from bash may be easier.
> But the suggested python script is expected to take you slightly further
> on the road to reproducible testable application on top of Vdsm.
>
> If you have that python script working for LOCALFS, I'd suggest you try
> making it work for SHAREDFS too.

Thanks, will try using the python script itself. When i use the script
and create LOCALFS (and SHAREDFS in future) will these domains
and hence VMs created on top of these domains be visible and manageable
from OE side ?