[Users] new wiki for ovirt-engine-cli

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 07:32:08 UTC 2012

Hi David,

On 02/29/2012 07:47 PM, Li, David wrote:

> Michael,
> I am interested in the ovirt-shell and I might have missed some earlier discussions. The wiki doesn't say much about how to install it. My questions are:
>
> 1.  Is this part of ovirt-engine install?

it shipped as another rpm (ovirt-engine-cli) / tarball in release repo,
only ovirt-engine-cli is more advanced than last release of oVirt, i.e it using latest
ovirt-engine-sdk which is build against latest ovirt-engine,

so to use ovirt-engine-cli-2.x you have to compile and deploy the engine by yourself
or wait for the next release.

> 2. Can it entirely replace the engine?

no, it doesn't replace the engine, but using it
through over-engine-sdk [1].

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/SDK