[Users] Can anyone help? Spice not connecting - I have spice-xpi installed.

Morgan Cox morgancoxuk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:11:47 UTC 2012

Hi

I have decided to bite the bullet and re-install everything,....

Can someone check and see if this idea seems like it will work...

 I will have 3 servers

-  1. Ovirt engine (Lan address + external address) :  name -
frontend.server.com
-  2. Storage server  - debian NFS server (LAN address only) : name -
storage1.server.com
-  3. Ovirt node (from the node .iso) - I will set up Ovirt on an enternal;
IP: name - node1.server.com

 In order to get the best speed (i.e by using LAN address's) I shall add
the 2nd LAN interface on the node as a LAN address - (So it can comminicate
with the storage node) ..
 Should I add the LAN address's of the ovirt node and storage on the
frontend to /etc/hosts (i.e not the external IP - 10.0.0.x) ? Or will cause
issues (like before)
 - I want it to send as much traffic via the LAN rather
than external network (for speed)

 (also shall I add the frontend / storage to /etc/hosts on the node ?)

Any ideas will be welcomed.

Regards