[Users] Failed to refresh the following Iso domains : ISOdomain

Patrick Landry pml at louisiana.edu
Sat Mar 3 00:39:19 UTC 2012

I was successful in setting up Ovirt engine (ovirt-engine-3.0.0_0001-1.6.fc16.x86_64) on Fedora 16.
When executing engine-setup I did set up an ISO domain. The installation went fine and I was able
to add a host (Fedora 16 with VDSM (vdsm-4.9.3.3-0.fc16.x86_64)), create a new Data Center,
create a new cluster, set up my logical networks, define a Data domain, and finally import the
ISO domain created earlier.

Once the ISO domain was imported it showed up in the GUI, looked like it was fine and reported
the proper amount of free space. Immediately thereafter the ISO domain's status changed to "Inactive" and
I see the following events in the event log:

Failed to refresh the following Iso domains : ISOdomain (Floppy file type). Please check domain activity.
Failed to refresh the following Iso domains : ISOdomain (ISO file type). Please check domain activity.

I have attached a portion of the vdsm.log (from the host which is being used to mount the NFS share). This
portion of the log starts as the ISO domain is imported and stops just after I first see the "Failed" messages
in the Event Log. It seems the mounts all succeed. I can see the
/rhev/data-center/mnt/ovirt.private.ucs.louisiana.edu:_export_isoshare
directory get created as the domain is being imported.

Any clues appreciated.

--

patrick

Patrick Landry
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Director, University Computer Support Services