[Users] Network configuration

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Sat Mar 3 03:05:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Andrew James Dunlop wrote:

> I feel like I have been bombarding this list the last few days, sorry!
> I have been looking at the different possible network configurations shown at http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Vdsm_Network and trying to work out how to achieve the second topology (bridge over vlan over nic). I can see that it is possible to assign a logical network to a physical network on a node but how can you add more than one as this is a dropdown menu? My nodes have two NICs, one of these is for the management network but I could like to have a number of logical networks (with different VLAN tags) connected to the other NIC.
> Is this currently possible using the web UI?

Not sure about through the UI, but this can be down with the default
network scripts. I have 18 nodes in a cluster each with 2 nics. The nics
are bonded together as bond0 and 3 vlans are used (well counting default)
and one for management (vlan 1), one for private traffic (vlan 2), and
public traffic (vlan 8). Ovirt picked up the network config without any
issues and now I can assign VMs private and or public.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com