[Users] new wiki for ovirt-engine-cli

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Mar 4 14:51:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 09:38:41AM +0200, Michael Pasternak wrote:

> On 03/01/2012 07:44 AM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
> > On 02/29/2012 08:38 PM, Michael Pasternak wrote:
> >> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/CLI
> >>
> > I would like to see something similar for VDSM cli (vdsClient) :)
> >

> if VDSM api will expose RSDL (RESTful service description language), we could
> generate SDK [1] for it and then very same cli can be used against this sdk
>
> [1] our ovirt-engine-sdk [2] is auto-generated from RSDL exposed in ovirt-engine-api
> [2] http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/SDK

REST API for Vdsm is in the works, http://gerrit.ovirt.org/2021
but I am not sure that mixing the layers and having one cli to Engine and Vdsm
makes sense. In fact, I would guess that Engine would not be surprised if you
spring a VM below its feet, or migrate an existing VM.
That's why vdsClient is considered and test and debug tool.