[Users] Network configuration

Dan Yasny dyasny at redhat.com
Sun Mar 4 15:02:09 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

This is the administrator's job to configure hypervisor hosts.

> But I think we should provide a UI to the user and VDSM
> management API in the backend.

Simple users changing Host networking? I think it's not a good idea.

> Also, it is a quite a challenge to
> assign the VMs in different host to the same vlan.

Maybe you wasn't clear enough. The settings I mentioned are talking about configuring __hosts__, not VMs.

All the hosts in a cluster must have configurations to see all the logical networks assigned to that cluster. This way, a VM that uses a specific network can easily migrate between hosts without losing networking