[Users] Windows 7 VM locks when console closes.

Gal Hammer ghammer at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 10:41:17 UTC 2012

On 01/03/2012 20:06, Loomis, Jason (GE Healthcare) wrote:

> I have an issue where I have developers that need their Windows 7 VM to
> not lock when the spice console is closed. The installation of Windows
> must have a password, so removing the password isn’t an option. I’ve
> narrowed it down to the RHEV agent that causes this to occur. When the
> RHEV agent is disabled, you can close and reopen the console freely and
> it doesn’t lock the Windows 7 VM, however when you re-enable the RHEV
> agent service it instantly locks Windows and requires you to put the
> password in. Is there a way to configure the RHEV agent to disable this
> feature?

This behavior is by design. When the user close the SPICE client a
"lock" command is send to the agent.

You should probably check with the back-end if one can disable this
behavior. It doesn't make sense to me to add an option for the agent to
ignore a command. It is better not to ask for it at all.

     Gal.