[Users] proliant errors trying to install ovirt-node image

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Wed Mar 7 18:53:58 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 10:48 AM, Joey Boggs wrote:
> On 03/07/2012 01:39 PM, Joe Pruett wrote:
>> well, i couldn't find anything so i have gone with fc16 and vdsm for
>> now.  i have found a doc/ui mismatch that i'll send separately.
>>
>> On 03/05/2012 04:14 PM, Joe Pruett wrote:
>>> sumary: i am trying to install the ovirt-node image onto a hp dl360 g5
>>> with radi6 controller (cciss driver).  one raid6 array exported to one
>>> virtual disk.  official iso fails with python bug "global variable
>>> 'disk' not known", so i've downloaded a recent 2.3.0 stable image from
>>> jenkins (ovirt-node-image-2.3.0-0.111.fc16.git5e8d287.iso) and get
>>> generic failure.  below is the /tmp/ovirt.log with only the backspace
>>> noise from mkfs removed.
>>>
>>> i've poked around the code a bit, and i don't see how this works
>>> anywhere.  it creates 4 partitions and makes the first one for efi and
>>> makes it bootable, which grub then chokes over.
> Sorry for the delay. I've attempted testing with the patch provided
> earlier by Huy, but couldn't install properly on a normal scsi setup.
> I'll see what else can can do to narrow it down for both types of
> machines.

i can certainly be a test subject when you're ready.

is there any significant difference between fc16+vdsm and straight
ovirt-node?  since ovirt-node is based on fc16, it seems like they're
going to be almost identical in function.  maybe a bit more cruft laying
around the disk, but anything of substance i should be aware of?