[Users] engine-setup fails in database creation

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Mar 11 16:08:24 UTC 2012

On 03/11/2012 05:48 PM, Elias Abacioglu wrote:
> Den den 11 mars 2012 16:40:06 skrev Yair Zaslavsky:
>> On 03/11/2012 05:24 PM, Elias Abacioglu wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can postgresql is running and I can access it using "psql -U postgres"
>>
>> What happens when you type "psql engine postgres" ?
> psql: FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
Ok, postgres service is up, but something went wrong in the creation.

Can you please provide the postgres log?
It should be located at

/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-Sun.log (if you tried installing
it today).

Please notice that on my environment this directory is accessible from
root (and not my regular user).