[Users] engine-setup fails in database creation

Elias Abacioglu elias.rabi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 19:32:50 UTC 2012

2012/3/11 Yair Zaslavsky <yzaslavs at redhat.com>

> On 03/11/2012 05:48 PM, Elias Abacioglu wrote:

> postgres"
> >>
> >> What happens when you type "psql engine postgres" ?
> > psql: FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
> Ok, postgres service is up, but something went wrong in the creation.
>
> Can you please provide the postgres log?
> It should be located at
>
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-Sun.log (if you tried installing
> it today).
>
> Please notice that on my environment this directory is accessible from
> root (and not my regular user).

Here is the log from yesterday.

LOG:  received fast shutdown request
LOG:  aborting any active transactions
LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2012-03-10 12:44:46 CET
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
LOG:  received fast shutdown request
LOG:  aborting any active transactions
LOG:  autovacuum launcher shutting down
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2012-03-10 14:29:30 CET
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist
FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist

Also it contains many more 'FATAL:  database "engine" does not exist'.
Almost 70.000.