[Users] rename the storage by error

Franck Meignen franck.meignen at adullact.org
Thu Mar 22 16:12:26 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I got an issue with the storage on my Ovirt lab.
I have a Ovirt manager (fedora16) and a host (ovirt node 2.2.3) on a HP
server, my storage called "vmstore" was created with good rights
"vsdm:kvm" on my ovirt manager's local drive.
But i made an error, ovirt was running and i've rename with "mv" command
the "uid folder" inside "vmstore" folder to an other folder called temp,
i've delete the vmstore folder, re create it, and move the "uid folder"
to the "vmstore" folder re created with good rights.
Now i've got a inactive storage, impossible to change anything, i can
create new storage but i can't activate it.

Is anyone got an idea? i can do anything esle on my ovirt lab.

This is my log file content :

14:47:06,206 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsBrokerCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-80) hostFromVds::selectedVds -
ovirt01.test.xxx.org, spmStatus Unknown_Pool, storage pool Default
14:47:06,210 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.ConnectStoragePoolVDSCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-80) START, ConnectStoragePoolVDSCommand(vdsId =
efc4ae4c-5ca2-11e1-83fd-525400e94a18, storagePoolId =
508bacfc-5c9f-11e1-b1c0-525400e94a18, vds_spm_id = 1, masterDomainId =
e1b14c8a-30ed-41b7-a00c-93fb33eede67, masterVersion = 1), log id: 54faf3ac
14:47:06,254 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.ConnectStoragePoolVDSCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-80) FINISH, ConnectStoragePoolVDSCommand, log
id: 54faf3ac
14:47:06,255 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.transaction.TransactionSupport]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-80) transaction rolled back
14:47:06,256 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsBrokerCommand]
(QuartzScheduler_Worker-80) IrsBroker::Failed::GetStoragePoolInfoVDS due
to: IRSNonOperationalException: IRSGenericException: IRSErrorException:
IRSNonOperationalException: Could not connect host to Data
Center(Storage issue)

Best regards.

Franck