[Users] Adding oVirt Node Fails

Nicholas Kesick cybertimber2000 at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 03:06:04 UTC 2012

Results of testing, round 3 (trying to get [Errno 16] Device or resource busy '/etc/pki/vdsm/certs/cacert.pem' error.)
Variable: no symlink to /etc/system-release

I started with a reinstall of ovirt-engine and ovirt-node-2.3.0 (formatted drive, reinstalled), enabled network (via logical network breth0 through device eth0), and set the Ovirt Engine Admin Password on the node.Created a new host in ovirt-manager, host went to "Pending Approval".On the manager, clicked the host, clicked approve, and clicked ok (on power management warning)
And.... we passed the cert install!  And everything worked up until I hit the cpuFlags issue.
So... it wasn't the sym-link.  Borked install? I guess the only think I did different these times from before was I used a Fedora 16 disk to format the drive between each attempt, instead of using the ovirt-node disk and performing a reinstall, as well as rebuilding ovirt-manager.
Not sure where this leaves this topic. Seems I can properly add a node now without a cert or bridge renaming issue.- NickFrom: cybertimber2000 at hotmail.com