[Users] virt-v2v: find: failed to restore initial working directory: Permission denied

patrick thunar24 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:24:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'd like to import an existing VM containing Windows XP to ovirt.
However if I run virt-v2v I always get the following error:

find: failed to restore initial working directory: Permission denied
virt-v2v: WARNING: There is no virtio net driver available in the
directory specified for this version of Windows. The guest will be
configured with a rtl8139 network adapter, but no driver will be
installed for it. If the rtl8139 driver is not already installed in
the guest, you must install it manually after conversion.

When I then import the VM into ovirt manager, I can start it and it
seems to work. Can I ignore the 2 errors above?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Patrick