[Users] [node-devel] Seting the timezone on the node

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Fri May 25 14:41:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 16:25 +0200, Michel van Horssen wrote:
> I'm really stomped on this one.
>
> The nodes only know about UTC timezone. My node points towards a time server in my network.
> Because the timezone is UTC the node is 2 hours behind the engine which is running with the CEST timezone.
>
> The bios/hardware time is correct, so the node time is 2 hours behind that as well.
>
> Question is how can I get the node in CEST mode?
>
> It's probably stupidly simple but please take my hand and guide me towards a better Ovirt-node future :)
>
> I'm so close now my migration problem is resolved :)

At this time, ovirt-node doesn't have any way to set different time
zones.  IMO, this isn't a bug with ovirt-node though.  IMO, migration
*should* normalize the time to a consistent time zone regardless.  If
migration is breaking due to there being different time zones on engine
and node, then that's a bug with engine/vdsm.

Mike