[Users] Fedora 17 status

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu May 31 19:44:26 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 09:41 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:
> On 31/05/12 11:50, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 05/31/2012 04:12 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Yesterday I noticed that Fedora 17 was released, various blogs mentioned
>>> oVirt as a main feature in this release. However I not see so much info
>>> about Ovirt running on Fedora 17, even searching the archive list and
>>> the wiki.
>>>
>>> Only http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/FeatureList says that
>>> oVirt is at 75%
>>>
>>> What is the status of oVirt in Fedora 17?
>>>

>> fedora 17 comes out of the box with ovirt 3.0 for engine and api.
>> 3.1 is planned to be released for fedora 17 as well.
>> (the UI relies on GWT which is still not in fedora, so will require
>> rpms for fedora 17 from the ovirt repo still)
>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Federico
>>>
>>> (Sorry for my poor English)
>>

> Ok
>
> What do you recommend, to continue using Fedora 16 or move to Fedora 17
> an use non-official rpms for GWT and web gui?

are you using rpm based versions or creating rpm's from git on your own
(the main git repo was just changed to be compatible with F17)

i suggest starting with the 3.0 RPMs from the ovirt repo for fedora 16
to get familiar with it, then help test the upcoming 3.1 rpms for fedora
17 from ovirt repo (then consider moving to fedora 17 based rpms when
they are ready)