[Users] [Engine-devel] [help]how to get the CA certificate when uploader ISO

Sheldon shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 1 09:23:49 UTC 2012

On 10/31/2012 09:37 PM, Keith Robertson wrote:
> On 10/31/2012 01:40 AM, Sheldon wrote:
>> I make a domain name "ISO", Domain type is ISO, Storage Type is NFS,
>> Format is V1
>>
>> $ sudo engine-iso-uploader -v --iso-domain=ISO upload
>> Fedora-17-x86_64-DVD.iso
>> [sudo] password for ovirt:
>> Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to
>> abort): admin at internal
>> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt
>> Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
>> ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available
>> and does the CA certificate exist?
>> ERROR: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
>> INFO: Use the -h option to see usage.
>
> Just to be clear the error in [1] is simply a symptom.  It isn't the
> root cause.  The root cause is quite possibly the CA certificate.
>
> I have created a patch in [2] that I'd appreciate if you could test as
> it will provide more debugging information about why the API creation
> is failing.  Simply follow the steps in [3]
>
> Cheers,
> Keith
>
> [1] ERROR: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
> [2] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/8954
> [3]
> Step 1: git clone http://gerrit.ovirt.org/p/ovirt-iso-uploader.git
> Step 2: Cherry pick the patch...
> git fetch git://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-iso-uploader
> refs/changes/54/8954/2 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> Step 3: export APP_VERSION=3.0.0; export APP_RELEASE=1
> Step 4: cd ovirt-iso-uploader
> Step 5: make
> Step 6: Notice the ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm location in the STDOUT
> Step 7: yum install /path/to/ovirt-iso-uploader*.rpm

still error. but different debug info.

$ sudo engine-iso-uploader -v --iso-domain=ISO upload
RHEL6.3-20120531.0-Server-x86_64-DVD1.iso
Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to abort):
admin at internal
Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
user (CTRL+D to abort):
DEBUG: url(https://localhost:443/api)
DEBUG: user(admin at internal)
DEBUG: ca(/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem)
DEBUG: insecure(False)
ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and
does the CA certificate exist? Error: [ERROR]::oVirt API connection
failure, [Errno 111] Connection refused
DEBUG: Unable to get host and path information from API.

--
Sheldon Feng(冯少合)<shaohef at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center