[Users] [Engine-devel] [help]how to get the CA certificate when uploader ISO

Keith Robertson kroberts at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 11:02:28 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 04:01 AM, Sheldon wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 09:52 PM, Keith Robertson wrote:

>>> still error. but different debug info.
>> Yes.  The patch adds additional debug info.
>>>
>>> $ sudo engine-iso-uploader -v --iso-domain=ISO upload
>>> RHEL6.3-20120531.0-Server-x86_64-DVD1.iso
>>> Please provide the REST API username for oVirt Engine (CTRL+D to
>>> abort): admin at internal
>>> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt
>>> Engine user (CTRL+D to abort):
>>> DEBUG: url(https://localhost:443/api)
>>> DEBUG: user(admin at internal)
>>> DEBUG: ca(/etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem)
>>> DEBUG: insecure(False)
>>> ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available
>>> and does the CA certificate exist? Error: [ERROR]::oVirt API
>>> connection failure,
>> Now we're getting to the good stuff as you can see that you are
>> getting a connection refused.  Questions for you:
>>
>> 1) Are you *certain* that 'https://localhost:443/api' is accessible
>> from the local system, that it is the address of your oVirt engine,
>> and is not being blocked by a FW?  Easy test on the local box point
>> your browser at that url.
> I have edited the tls port, it is not 443.  It is 4301.
OK, here *here* is the problem. The ISO Uploader has been configured to
use 'localhost:443' while you have customized it to 'localhost:4301'.
You need to edit /etc/ovirt-engine/logcollector.conf and set the
variable that tells the uploader which host/port combination to use.

Note: The other 2 tools will have similar issues (ie. Log Collector and
Image Uploader) and, they each have conf files in /etc/ovirt-engine.