[Users] Ovirt-nightly and gluster

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 2 14:55:37 UTC 2012

Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 11/02/2012 02:51 PM, jvandewege wrote:
>> I have an question regarding ovirt-nightly and the use of gluster.
>> If I modify the CREATE ROLE to add SUPERUSER I can install ovirt-nightly
>> and if I add my two storage hosts I can create a bond and add an ip
>> address and it will be displayed in the  webui. Further the static ip
>> assignment of the ovirtmgmt interface doesn't fallback to DHCP like in
>> ovirt-stable. Sofar OK.
>> Now I want to use gluster for my two storage hosts. Can I do that with
>> the versions of vdsm that are pushed to the hosts by ovirt? (All
>> machines are basic Fedora 17 installs, upto date except for the kernel
>> which is 3.3.4-5) and gluster-3.3.1-2 from
>> baseurl=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/kkeithle/glusterfs/fedora-$releasever/$basearch/
>>

>> Or do I need more recent versions of vdsm/libvirt/qemu?
>
> libvirt/qemu are less relevant.
> which gluster feature are you interested in (which may imply using
> nightly rather than current f17 vdsm version)

Not directly in new gluster features but I had problems getting bonding
to work in ovirt-stable. So I did a clean install of ovirt-nightly, see
could add my storage servers in de webui but couldn't get a data domain
attached to it. I then thought maybe I need newer versions of
vdsm/libvirt/qemu.
I have reinstalled my storage servers (fedora 17 basic install) and I'm
wondering how to proceed.
- add them through the webadmin (gives me vdsm on the servers)
- add gluster through the above repo
- add gluster volumes in the webui

or
- add gluster through the above repo
- add them through the webadmin (gives me vdsm on the servers)
- add gluster volumes in the webui

I have a feeling that order might matter. I'll probably try both ways if
I don't get an answer from the list ;-)

Thanks,

Joop