[Users] Problem on running chkconfig

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 17:49:43 UTC 2012

On 11/09/2012 09:14 AM, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whether I should follow;
>
> Building oVirt engine
> http://wiki.ovirt.org/w/index.php?title=Building_oVirt_engine&diff=5237&oldid=5236
>
> Is it the latest version of the manual?  Thanks
>
> B.R.
> Stephen L

Stephen, if you are installing the RPMs in Fedora 17 then all you need
to do is configure your machine to use the oVirt repository and then
install the engine, it will automatically install for you the required
JBoss AS version:

yum localinstall http://ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-fedora.noarch.rpm

yum install ovirt-engine-3.1.0

Once the packages are installed then you can just use the engine-setup
tool, which is very easy to use:

engine-setup

That will automatically start for you the oVirt engine service. If for
whatever the reason you need to start/stop/restart it you should use the
systemctl tool like this:

systemctl start ovirt-engine.service
systemctl stop ovirt-engine.service
systemctl restart ovirt-engine.service

The wiki page that you mention is intended for users/developers that
want to install from source. Is that you case? If the answer is yes then
I would suggest to take a look at this alternative:

http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Building_Engine_Draft

Is mostly the same content, but a bit more updated. I suggested in to
replace the old one with this one, but didn't get much feedback. If you
have any additional issue please let us know.

>     *From:* Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com>

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain