[Users] Spice Console Access

Shaun Glass shaunglass at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 05:56:28 UTC 2012

Morning All,

I have oVirt 3.1 running on an F17 installation(All In One). When on the
same network as the said server, via webadmin, I can open the console to
VM's setup to use Spice.

However, when I come in from the outside via an ADSL router no joy. Please
note, I use my same laptop each time. I have the following setup :

Port 22 -> Port 22 (oVirt Server) Works
Port 80 -> Port 80 (oVirt Server) Works
Port 443 -> Port 443 (oVirt Server) Works
Ports 5900 - 5910 -> Ports 5900 - 5910 (oVirt Server) ???

I have run :

[root at ovirt ~]# vdsClient -s 0 list | grep displayPort
    displayPort = 5900
[root at ovirt ~]#

Hence the port forward range. All I get is a window opening, cursor becomes
an X and after about 30 seconds it closes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Shaun