[Users] Ovirt Live 0.8 interactive installer drops back to shell

Jorick Astrego jorick at netbulae.eu
Thu Nov 15 11:10:30 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 11:54 AM, Moran Goldboim wrote:
> On 11/15/2012 12:15 PM, Jorick Astrego wrote:
>> We are trying the Ovirt Live iso and when choosing interactive
>> installation, I get dropped back to shell with the following error:
>>
>> --command="sudo /usr/bin/engine-setup";sleep 20
>> Failed to parse arguments: Argument to "--command/ -e" is not a valid
>> command: Text ended before matching quote was found for " . (The text
>> was ' " sudo ' )
>>
>> It appears someone forgot a quote somewhere.
>>

> well, you took the road less tested :) , i'll fix it for next release.
> in the meanwhile, you can:
> -use automatic mode
> -run 'sudo engine-setup' from shell, it will run interactive shell for
> installation
>
> as a general note it is recommended to use the (tiny)
> CorePlus-current.iso for demo purposes since all the os (including HD)
> is running from memory.
>
> please let me know how is it going for you.
>
> Moran.
People always tell me to stay on the right path, but I like to walk on
the grass ;-)

Automatic mode works fine and we did some exploring.

I found another small issue with the Install to harddisk function. When
I choose "Use all space", the installer crashes. When choosing "Replace
Existing Linux Partition", the installer works fine.

The CorePlus-current.iso sounds good, but I'm unable to locate it on the
site. Do I have to compile it?

Jorick

--
Met vriendelijke groet,