[Users] cannot add new logical network to host

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Thu Nov 15 14:38:01 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Igor Lvovsky <ilvovsky at redhat.com> wrote:

>   Hi Alan,
>

> If I understand you correctly, you try to add a new VM-VLANed network
> (sandbox)
> to interface em1 that already has another VM network (ovirtmgmt).
>
> If so, this operation is not permited. You can't attach VM-VLANed network
> and
> VM-nonVLANed network to same interface.

Good to know.  I'll start working on another solution that might work once
I get around the blocking bug (more on this in response to Roy shortly).
 Is there a way to convert the ovirtmgmt network to VLAN'd?

Also, while I have your attention, I expect I will have to enable each VLAN
on each host's port of the connected switch, which means I have to set each
port with multiple VLANs to trunk mode.  Is that right?

> To be sure that this is a case, I need to know your vdsm version
> and vdsm log will be good as well

There is nothing in the log with that time stamp (as Roy has observed, it
is not getting that far), but here are the versions just FYI:
[root at cloudhost01 ~]# rpm -qa | fgrep vdsm
vdsm-python-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
vdsm-xmlrpc-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch
vdsm-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
vdsm-cli-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch