[Users] cannot add new logical network to host

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Thu Nov 15 14:41:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Alan Johnson <alan at datdec.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Igor Lvovsky <ilvovsky at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> To be sure that this is a case, I need to know your vdsm version
>
> and vdsm log will be good as well
>>

> There is nothing in the log with that time stamp (as Roy has observed, it
> is not getting that far), but here are the versions just FYI:
> [root at cloudhost01 ~]# rpm -qa | fgrep vdsm
> vdsm-python-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
> vdsm-xmlrpc-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch
> vdsm-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.x86_64
> vdsm-cli-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch
> vdsm-gluster-4.10.0-0.44.14.el6.noarch

On and I just noticed that my vdsm is a bit older on the other 3 nodes in
this cluster:
vdsm-xmlrpc-4.10.0-0.42.13.el6.noarch
vdsm-gluster-4.10.0-0.42.13.el6.noarch
vdsm-python-4.10.0-0.42.13.el6.x86_64
vdsm-4.10.0-0.42.13.el6.x86_64
vdsm-cli-4.10.0-0.42.13.el6.noarch

In case that matters...  I'm not trying to manipulate them just yet, but I
will be rotating each through maintenance mode to add the same network
config as soon as I get it working on cloudhost01.  I'll do updates and
rebooting before changing networking on them.