[Users] Testing oVirt nightly

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 15 14:53:47 UTC 2012

>> What I would like is to get a working config consisting of 2 storage
>> servers, 2 hosts and a management server. Storage connected to a pair of
>> 10G switches and the public side of the servers and VMs connected to a
>> pair of access switches. For that I need:
>> - bonding
>> - separate networks for storage and ovirtmgmt
>> - storage is using gluster
>> Ideal would be to do all configuration from the webui.
>>
>> Items 1 and 2 need a version of the DC/Cluster of 3.2 but then I'm
>> stopped
>> from going any further because the version of vdsmd on the storage
>> server
>> isn't compatible with the DC/Cluster version.
>
> can you please explain what's the issue of compatibility between the two
Message in the webui console is
Host st01 is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1) and cannot join Cluster
Default which is set to version 3.2

> (vdsm nightly should give a 3.2 compatibility)?
Where does that nightly come from?
On the management server I have:
[root at mgmt01 /]# rpm -aq | grep vdsm
vdsm-bootstrap-4.10.1-0.129.git2c2c228.fc17.noarch
Which is newer than the vdsm on the hosts which is:
[root at st01 ~]# rpm -aq | grep vdsm
vdsm-python-4.10.0-10.fc17.x86_64
vdsm-xmlrpc-4.10.0-10.fc17.noarch
vdsm-gluster-4.10.0-10.fc17.noarch
vdsm-cli-4.10.0-10.fc17.noarch
vdsm-4.10.0-10.fc17.x86_64
vdsm-rest-4.10.0-10.fc17.noarch

But I just put st01 into maintanance and did a reinstall but no version
update of vdsm. I still have the vdsm-bootstrap logs in /tmp if needed.

Thanks,

Joop