[Users] does engine require connectivity to ovirtmgmt interface

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 06:25:04 UTC 2012

> Hi all,

> Is connectivity between engine and the ovirtmgmt interface required?

Hi Cristian,

L3 connectivity is required between the engine and the host. The interface where the 'ovirtmgmt' network is set is the one that should be able to have this connectivity to the engine.

> I have currently a strange setup where the engine is in another
> network then the host. Connectivity is from engine to host only (and
> a few ssh tunnels).

> Like this I can't see any disks (but I can create new ones) and also
> I can't see any hosts from the networks tab.

Please elaborate on this..

You can create a disk and it succeeds but you dont see it in the disks tab?
Can you see a host that is in the same network as the engine or is it missing from the networks tab also (I guess you mean Hosts sub-tab on the networks main tab)?