[Users] I don't know how to add AD users

Cristian Falcas cristi.falcas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:01:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to add some users to ovirt using an AD.

This is the configuration I used for a mediawiki site, which is working
correctly:
$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();
$wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
$wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "a_domain");
$wgLDAPServerNames = array( "a_domain"=>"site.example.com");
$wgLDAPEncryptionType = array( "a_domain"=>"clear");
$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array( "a_domain"=>"rom_domain\\USER-NAME");
$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( "a_domain"=>"dc=company,dc=com");

Those are the commands I tried using:
engine-manage-domains -action=add
-domain=site.example.com-provider=ActiveDirectory -user=
user.name -interactive

engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=a_domain
-provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name at company.com -interactive

engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=a_domain
-provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name at site.example.com -interactive

And the output on all tries:
Enter password:

Error: Authentication Failed. Please verify the fully qualified domain name
that is used for authentication is correct.. Problematic domain is:
domain_used_in_command
Failure while applying Kerberos configuration. Details: Authentication
Failed. Please verify the fully qualified domain name that is used for
authentication is correct.

Can someone help me with the correct parameters?

Best regards,
Cristian Falcas