[Users] I don't know how to add AD users

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 09:29:42 UTC 2012

On 11/19/2012 10:01 AM, Cristian Falcas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add some users to ovirt using an AD.
>
> This is the configuration I used for a mediawiki site, which is
> working correctly:
> $wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();
> $wgLDAPUseLocal = true;
> $wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "a_domain");
> $wgLDAPServerNames = array( "a_domain"=>"site.example.com
> <http://site.example.com>");
> $wgLDAPEncryptionType = array( "a_domain"=>"clear");
> $wgLDAPSearchStrings = array( "a_domain"=>"rom_domain\\USER-NAME");
> $wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( "a_domain"=>"dc=company,dc=com");
>
> Those are the commands I tried using:
> engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=site.example.com
> <http://site.example.com> -provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name
> <http://user.name> -interactive
>
> engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=a_domain
> -provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name at company.com
> <mailto:user.name at company.com> -interactive
>
> engine-manage-domains -action=add -domain=a_domain
> -provider=ActiveDirectory -user=user.name at site.example.com
> <mailto:user.name at site.example.com> -interactive

You don't add an user this way. You add the domain. You have to pass the
domain admin user and the domain admin password.
Then you can use the domain within the engine. e.g. search users, add
access rights for vms etc.
Even login to the engine and assigning rights within the engine you can
handle from the engine itself.

Regards,
> And the output on all tries:
> Enter password:
>
> Error: Authentication Failed. Please verify the fully qualified domain
> name that is used for authentication is correct.. Problematic domain
> is: domain_used_in_command
> Failure while applying Kerberos configuration. Details: Authentication
> Failed. Please verify the fully qualified domain name that is used for
> authentication is correct.
>
> Can someone help me with the correct parameters?
>

> Best regards,
> Cristian Falcas

Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com