[Users] persistent modifications to /etc/hosts?

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 16:23:41 UTC 2012

Am Dienstag, den 20.11.2012, 16:05 +0100 schrieb Gianluca Cecchi:
> Hello,
> I would like to add an entry to /etc/hosts.
> I modifiy it and then:
>
> # persist /etc/hosts
> File already persisted: /etc/hosts
>
> But actually at reboot my modification is not there again....
>
> This with ovirt-node-iso-2.5.5-0.1.fc17.iso
>
> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> oVirt Node Hypervisor release 2.5.5 (0.1.fc17)
>
> What am I missing?

Hey Gianluca,

I think you ain't missing anything. I just tried it myself and it seems
to be a bug.
It's always a tricky to get the persistence stuff with files related to
the early boot process right ..

I try to remember this issue, but if you want to make sure that we don't
forget about it please open a bug.

Greetings
fabian