[Users] vsdm on the management server?

Jonathan Horne jhorne at skopos.us
Tue Nov 20 16:37:12 UTC 2012

Does vsdm go on the management server?  I have done several test builds so far, and maybe I was just taking shots in the dark trying to figure out why it was not working (starting Vms, etc), but I have had vdsm (i.e. Yum install vdsm on my management server) on each of my previous installs that were working configs.

The reason I ask, is so far I'm convinced I need it, and its not called for in the quick set up guide:

http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Install_oVirt_Engine

Yay, nay?

Thanks,

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.