[Users] help me validate my design

Jonathan Horne jhorne at skopos.us
Wed Nov 21 16:01:46 UTC 2012

I like to give a brief description of what I'm taking to production here in a couple weeks, and I like some opinions if this is a valid design, as well as id love to hear some anecdotal evidence of similar deployments as well.

My nodes will be 8 dell M620s with 96GB ram and dual 10core intel processors.  As they are in M1000 chassis, I will be using fabric A for ovirtmgmt network and the fabA interfaces will be a bond mode1.  Fabric A is a pair of cisco 3130s, and the stacking cables were not used by previous admin and are long lost (thus, the mode1 for ovirtmgmt).  The fabric B will be dual port broadcom mezzanine cards into powerconnect 6348s that will be stacked.  My fabB will be used for iscsi traffic that will be on a equalogic iscsi SAN, and node interfaces will be a mode4.

Regular network traffic for both nodes and Vm's will go thru ovirtmgmt, and iscsi traffic will be isolated on the dedicated 6348 switches.  Some Vms will have interfaces for iscsi, as they will have their own dedicated luns on the EQ SAN for their own data.

Am in on a valid track here?

Thanks for your opinions,
jonathan

This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind SKOPOS to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.