[Users] Question about network card order

Kevin Maziere Aubry kevin.maziere at alterway.fr
Wed Oct 3 07:58:44 UTC 2012

Hello

My first email on the mailing, I hope the first one of a longue serie.

The email concerns a Network Card order issue for which I like to report a
have your advises.

I've made a template which contains 2 network cards, Each one bridge on
different vlan network.
When I create a VM from this template, the network card mac address
assignation is random... so that by default my fedora assign eth0 to the
smallest mac address, and so on for eth1/eth2 ...

But no way to define network card order in template, so that sometime the
smallest mac address is on eth0, sometime on eth1 (and in fact more often
on eth1), sometime my VM works, sometime I have to destroy and recreate
network interfaces.

Is there a workaround or anything else ?

Thanks

Kévin

--

Kevin Mazière