[Users] oVirt Weekly Sync Meeting Minutes -- 2012-10-03

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 19:10:39 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 05:23 PM, Mike Burns wrote:

> * Release status  (mburns, 14:04:48)
>    * targeting a mid november Beta and Mid December release for 3.2
>      (mburns, 14:05:21)
>    * primarily a bug fix release  (mburns, 14:05:31)
>    * feature list is still pending  (mburns, 14:05:59)
>    * ACTION: mburns to follow up with maintainers to figure out feature
>      lists for 3.2 -- DUE by 10-Oct  (mburns, 14:07:50)
>    * LINK: http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Project_Proposal_-_MOM <-- very old
>      (aglitke, 14:13:06)
>    * LINK: http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Category:SLA   (aglitke, 14:13:22)
>    * UI plugins should be ready  (mburns, 14:13:48)
>    * make network a main tab should be included  (mburns, 14:14:11)
>    * import of existing gluster clusters  (mburns, 14:14:24)
>    * bootstrap improvements  (mburns, 14:14:33)
>    * SLA is a target for inclusion (MOM)  (mburns, 14:14:51)
>    * cac support in user portal for spice  (mburns, 14:15:16)
>    * vm creation base on pre-defined profiles (instance types)  (mburns,
>      14:16:54)
>    * other small improvements, bug fixes  (mburns, 14:17:08)
>    * (preview) libvdsm  (mburns, 14:17:28)
>    * (abaron) storage live migration  (mburns, 14:17:41)
>    * sync network, nwfilter already merged  (mburns, 14:18:17)
>    * ACTION: mburns to pull all of these features into the 3.2 release
>      summary page  (mburns, 14:20:00)
>    * libvdsm has ack from danken, but needs ack from smizrahi  (mburns,
>      14:23:34)
>    * libvdsm also still needs upstream acceptance  (mburns, 14:29:09)
>    * tentative Test day date:  2012-11-19  (mburns, 14:30:41)

i did a review of the ~1500(!) commits in engine since 3.1 was branched
- these are items i thought worthy changes noting wrt 3.2 till now[1],
though obviously there are many other changes as well

- port mirroring
- user level api
- automatic storage domain upgrade
- japanese localization

the list below[2] is a fast filter by me, doing an injustice to the
number of bugs and cleanups pushed.
anything i missed (it was a manual review filter), committers are free
to add :)

michael - can you also outline new features in sdk/cli since 3.1 till
now (we can update the gap with more changes closer to the release).
only core sdk/cli changes, no need to detail those which are just
covering features added to engine.

[1] commit 1df1baa3366189043eae765bb4e61726e156892e
[2]
Alex Lourie (31):
       packaging: Updated default encryption key size to 2048

Alexey Chub (9):

Allon Mureinik (140):

Alon Bar-Lev (64):
       bootstrap: send complete bootstrap from engine
       bootstrap: introduce soft timeouts for operations
       bootstrap: allow retrieve ssh key fingerprint of server
       pki: use PKCS#12 format to store keys

Alona Kaplan (72):
       webadmin: Add sync network to setup networks
       webadmin: port mirroring should be enabled just for 3.1 and upper
(#846025)

Amador Pahim (1):

Asaf Shakarchi (27):

Daniel Erez (88):
       webadmin: VM Snapshots sub-tab re-design
       webadmin: Disks main-tab and sub-tab redesign (#833101)
       webadmin: resizable dialogs support (#846327)
       webadmin: enable resizing of storage dialogs (#846327)

Dhandapani (4):
       engine: Added Enable / Disable CIFS option feature
       engine: Added new column 'sshKeyFingerprint' in the vds_static table
       engine: Get Gluster Servers query

Doron Fediuck (1):

Douglas Schilling Landgraf (1):

Einav Cohen (5):
       userportal,webadmin: Japanese locale support

Eli Mesika (36):
       core: adding host time-drift alert(#848862)
       core: adding host time-drift notification(#848862)

Eyal Edri (1):

Federico Simoncelli (8):
       core: expose the V3 domain format in dc 3.1

Gilad Chaplik (74):
       webadmin: quota fix-ups in webadmin
       webadmin: separate storage & cluster quota
       userportal: allow to set quota in UP
       webadmin: Import VM dialog redesign (#845947)
       webadmin: Import Template Redesign (#840280)

Greg Padgett (12):

Juan Hernandez (51):
       packaging: Run with OpenJDK 7 regardless of what is installed
       packaging: Disable HTTP and HTTPS when using Apache as proxy
       packaging: Move defaults out of service script
       core, packaging: Don't use JBoss default ports (#831193)
       packaging: Find and check JVM during setup (#834436)
       packaging, tools: Use JVM selected during setup (#834436)

Kanagaraj M (21):
       webadmin: Adding CIFS checkbox to Volume Popup
       webadmin: Gluster Volume - Optimize for Virt Store action
       engine: making gluster peer probe optional while adding Host
       webadmin: Import gluster cluster

Kiril Nesenko (12):

Laszlo Hornyak (60):

Liron Aravot (26):

Maor Lipchuk (26):

Matthias Schmitz (1):

Michael Kublin (48):
       core:  Auto-Recovery should check whether getVdsStats returns
'lastCheck<60' before it proclaims host as up (#844438)

Michael Pasternak (22):

Mike Kolesnik (69):
       engine: Add sync networks to Setup Networks (#838300)

Moti Asayag (63):

Muli Salem (32):

Noam Slomianko (9):

Ofer Schreiber (6):

Ofri Masad (32):

Omer Frenkel (18):

Ori Liel (44):

Oved Ourfali (55):

Rami Vaknin (1):

Roy Golan (25):

Saggi Mizrahi (2):
       core: Run upgradeStoragePool on cluster compatibility change

Selvasundaram (10):
       engine: Gluster server peer list command
       engine: Peer probe gluster servers on bootstrap
       engine: Firewall configuration modified to support virt and
gluster iptable rules.

Shahar Havivi (30):

Sharad Mishra (67):
Shireesh Anjal (2):

Tal Nisan (33):

Tomas Jelinek (47):
       userportal: Do not allow runon/pin-to host (#839230)
       userportal: doesn't try SSO
       userportal,webadmin: redesign vCPU editing (#809800)
       userportal: disable host pinning in user portal (#849042)
       userportal, webadmin: Run once dialog redesign (#852057)

Vojtech Szocs (13):
       webadmin,userportal: GWT localization interface cleanup
       userportal: Enable context-sensitive help in dialogs
       webadmin,userportal: Progress indicator during login
       webadmin: Resizable columns in main tab grids

Yair Zaslavsky (51):

Yaniv Bronhaim (9):

Yaniv Dary (4):