[Users] Run Once won't change boot sequence

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 11:40:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 11:40 +0100, Alexandre Santos wrote:
> Hello again,
> to install my VMs, I create them without CDROM and booting firstly
> from the HD. Then I go and choose "Run Once" and choose the ISO I want
> to use and boot from CDROM, on boot options. After installing the OS,
> I reboot and the first boot is again the CDROM. I have to shutdown the
> VM so the configuration chosen with HD being the first boot option is
> again the default.

This sounds like the VM was just rebooted after installation.  The boot
order is kept from the time you say Run Once until the VM is shutdown
completely.  A reboot keeps it the same.

One option to solve this is to set the HD as the first boot device and
the CDRom as the second.  Then, when it boots the first time, since
there is nothing installed, it will boot from CD, then on reboot, it
will boot from HD.

You could also detach the cd from the VM before rebooting.

Mike