[Users] [oVirt 3.1] Spice USB support

Andres Gonzalez tuchoz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:29:13 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:02 AM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/08/2012 04:29 AM, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
>
>> Hi !!
>>
>> I have a Windows 7 VM with spice protocol with usb redirection enabled
>> but I cannot access to e.g. to a pendrive.
>> It's already supported this feature ?
>>

> (adding spice-devel)
> please note only the native spice usb mode is supported (legacy is not).
> which client?
> which guest?
> which ovirt version?

The mode is set yo legacy, I tried to switch to native but the VM doesn't
starts, and show the following error: VM Win7 is down. Exit message:
internal error Process exited while reading console log output: qemu-kvm:
-device piix3-usb-uhci,id=usb,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2: Duplicate ID 'usb'
for device .

- client:
RHEV-Agent 3.0.10
RHEV-Block 3.0.8
RHEV-Network 3.0.6
RHEV-Serial 3.0.5
RHEV-Spice 3.0.5
RHEV-Spice-Agent 3.0.4
RHEV-Tools 3.0.37
RHEV-USB 3.0.8

- guest: Windows 7 bit or XP 32 bit
- oVirt version: oVirt Engine Version: 3.1.0-3.19.el6

--
AGD