[Users] how to convince oVirt a VM is down

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Tue Oct 9 20:01:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 10/09/2012 09:23 PM, Alan Johnson wrote:
>
>> Anyway, is there anyway to convince the engine that a VM is down so I
>> can bring it back up again, like with "Confirm 'host has been rebooted'"
>> on hosts?
>>

> which hosts are they supposedly on?

The host column is blank for these VMs.  Also, running `virsh --readonly
list` on the remaining hosts matches the VMs oVirt shows as running and
does not list the "Unknown" VMs on either host.

> does 'confirm host shutdown' on the host not release them?

It did not.  I also removed the host since I will need to add it back in
after re-installing the OS on a more stable boot drive.  Still no change.

You have me thinking... perhaps oVirt thinks they are running on the host
they were being migrated to.  If so, maybe putting that host into
maintenance will clear it up.  I'll try that as soon as I get the down host
back up.