[Users] oVirt MCollective Agent

Marco Mornati mornatim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:06:23 UTC 2012

Hello guys,

I'm working on a cloud provisioning automatic tool and control (
http://www.kermit.fr) and I'm actually creating the module to control the
virtual farm based on oVirt (and RHEV 3.1 when will be out ;)).

That means I created a module to control oVirt using MCollective (
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/mcollective/).

You can find some information about the agent and the usage on my blog,
here: http://blog.mornati.net/2012/10/09/mcollective-ovirt-agent/
And source of the Mcollective oVirt agent here:
https://github.com/thinkfr/mcoplugins (ovirt.rb and ovirt.ddl).

Even if you are not interested in the agent, I think the ruby file could be
useful if you want to use the rbovirt API. I couldn't find any doc about
that API on the net, so I created the agent looking to ruby api sources (I
think any good project should have a little bit of documentation!!!).

Anyway, let me know if you are interested and if you have any suggestion
and idea about it.

Marco