[Users] ovirt-node install hangs

Alexandre Santos santosam72 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:49:10 UTC 2012

2012/10/11 Mike Burns <mburns at redhat.com>

> On Thu, 2012-10-11 at 11:12 +0100, Alexandre Santos wrote:
> > Hi,
> > yesterday I tried the new oVirt Node 2.5.3. I tried installing it
> > without the quiet flag but no luck. It hanged again and the kernel
> > didn't show any error on console (tty2).
> > Later will test without the rhgh flag.
>
> Default options? TUI install? Hardware? UEFI or legacy bios?

I always choose the troubleshooting option and then do an install with
basic video. The only thing I changed from the default kernel boot line was
the quiet flag.

Yes, TUI.

Hardware: this is an old MSI P35Neo MB with 4 GB RAM and a Xeon 3040. The
SATA disk is connected to the onboard controller. The same problem occurred
with an IDE HDD.

> > Alex
> >
> > BTW, now the hostname works on 2.5.3 :-) The network configuration is
> > still tricky... sometimes I have an "Apply" sometimes only a "Back"
> > choice.
>
> I *think* this is a feature of being registered to ovirt-engine.  Once
> you are registered, you can't change the network through the TUI
> anymore.
>
> If you're not registered with Engine, please elaborate a bit and I'll
> try to figure out what is going on.

What you're saying makes sense. The problem I had was that my node was
booting with DHCP and the IP changed. When I got to the engine / web
administrator, my Host was not detected and I couldn't change it's IP, only
the hostname... On the TUI I can't change the IP because I'm registered but
can't change it also on the engine. Is this correct?