[Users] Hot Snapshotting of virtual disks

Jason Lawer akula at thegeekhood.net
Thu Oct 18 01:20:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

Can anyone give advice on what they are using for backup on their ovirt deployments. We have been using tar balls & rsync on our linux servers, but are looking for something more manageable and the number of servers grows rapidly.

I ask because I have been looking at a few options. The first idea that came to mind was a hot snapshot of the virtual disk, however from what I can see ovirt won't allow that. Most of the others have serious drawbacks, so I wanted to know if anyone had a silver bullet before I put more time into it.

Jason