[Users] ovirt & iscsi mulitpath

Jorick Astrego jorick at netbulae.com
Thu Oct 18 12:27:20 UTC 2012

Dear all,

After some problems I have my ovirt setup running now. But I run into a
new problem with the network configuration.

We have a quad nic with 4 gigabit connections over 2 switches (2X2) and
an active/passive iscsi SAN. The first is connected to switch 1 and the
second to switch 2 with a 10Gbe link.

Now I would like to use iSCSI multipathing instead of bonding but I
cannot use the same vlan for multiple storage networks and I cannot
assign the same storage network to several nic's.

I could use bonding, but we use 4 links over 2 switches and if I read
everything correctly bonding only works through a single switch.

How do other people achieve this?

--
Kind regards,

Netbulae