[Users] ovirt & iscsi mulitpath

Ayal Baron abaron at redhat.com
Sun Oct 21 08:19:59 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> Dear all,
>
> After some problems I have my ovirt setup running now. But I run into
> new problem with the network configuration.
>
> We have a quad nic with 4 gigabit connections over 2 switches (2X2)
> and
> an active/passive iscsi SAN. The first is connected to switch 1 and
> the
> second to switch 2 with a 10Gbe link.
>
> Now I would like to use iSCSI multipathing instead of bonding but I
> cannot use the same vlan for multiple storage networks and I cannot
> assign the same storage network to several nic's.

multipathing is not iSCSI specific.
i.e. if you setup multiple connections which expose the same device then multipathd will automatically work.
If I understand your setup correctly then all you have to do is connect to all the targets and then use the device exposed.
You will see in the GUI that the device is reachable from multiple targets.