[Users] Restoring guest from export domain fails

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Mon Oct 22 05:51:35 UTC 2012

21 okt 2012 kl. 08.54 skrev Itamar Heim:

> On 09/12/2012 03:33 PM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
>>
>> 12 sep 2012 kl. 13.51 skrev Eli Mesika:

I never got any instructions on how to file a report so I never did, but thanks to findings made by a Mr Thomas Scofield, I managed to resolve the issue on my own. Here´s a copy of the reply I made after resolving the issue:

"Thank you so much for catching this, it made my life a bunch more easier!

When we wanted to upgrade from oVirt-3.0 to 3.1, we followed the procedure of exporting all of the machines to export domain, crashed the entire system and started building it up again. When it was up and running, we tried importing the machines back, they all failed and we couldn´t figure anything out from just that non-saying error message and cryptic errors in engine log. But then I remembered reading something a while back about this, searched back and compared our error messages, and they matched. So I then dove into the storage and changed all of the references from the old name to the new, and importing was all smooth sailing from there:
# sed -i '' 's/oldnetname/newnetname/g' master/vms/*/*.ovf

Devs: I can´t remember, is this explained anywhere in the upgrading documents, that the bridge names need to be the same before and after, or that you need to modify that afterwards if they´ve changed?"

And thank you Itamar, just for caring:)