[Users] Upgrading the oVirt Node

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 12:30:12 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 12:08 +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 10/21/2012 12:01 PM, Alexandre Santos wrote:
> > Hi,
> > If i deploy the ISO on a ISO NFS share the engine detects that it is a
> > new node image?
>
> close.
> iso's should be deployed to engine.
> but not sure this path was tested in ovirt.
> mike - do we have ovirt-node rpm's for a similar upgrade detection/flow?

Yes, you install the ovirt-node-iso rpm (available in 3.1 repositories)
on the engine host.  The will put the iso in /usr/share/ovirt-node-iso.
It should then show up as an upgrade option in engine.

> (I'm guessing it won't work right now in 3.1, at least due to bad config
> of path for location of the iso, etc.), but worth trying to clean this up.

I thought this was tested, but I'm not sure.  I mostly concentrate on
the iso initiated upgrades.  If it doesn't show up correctly, it will
most likely work if you sym link the /usr/share/rhev-hypervisor
directory to /usr/share/ovirt-node-iso

Mike