[Users] ovirt & iscsi mulitpath

Jorick Astrego jorick at netbulae.com
Tue Oct 23 07:46:23 UTC 2012

On 10/21/2012 04:09 PM, Shu Ming wrote:

> 2012Jorick Astrego:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> After some problems I have my ovirt setup running now. But I run into
>> a new problem with the network configuration.
>>
>> We have a quad nic with 4 gigabit connections over 2 switches (2X2)
>> and an active/passive iscsi SAN. The first is connected to switch 1
>> and the second to switch 2 with a 10Gbe link.
>
> Do you mean you have a host(ovirt node) with a quad nics conneting to
> switches? And one SAN connecting to the switch 1 in another side, the
> other SAN conecting to switch 2 with a 10Gbe lnk?
You are right, that's our test setup.

> Now I would like to use iSCSI multipathing instead of bonding but I
> cannot use the same vlan for multiple storage networks and I cannot
> assign the same storage network to several nic's.
>
> I could use bonding, but we use 4 links over 2 switches and if I read
> everything correctly bonding only works through a single switch.
>
> How do other people achieve this?

The problem I had was that I could't put all the storage nic's in the
same vlan using the ovirt interface.
But I talked to our networking guy and he said just use an untagged vlan
instead of trying to put all the storage nics in the tagged vlan.

I have to brush up my networking knowledge. Thanks for replying though.

And thanks to Ayan too, multipath is now working fine.

Regards, Jorick