[Users] move ovirt vms from one node to other

Nicholas Kesick cybertimber2000 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:10:04 UTC 2012

> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:00:00 +0100
> From: alex.tuxx at gmail.com
> To: users at ovirt.org
> Subject: [Users] move ovirt vms from one node to other

    > hi,

        > i was wondering how it'd be possible to move a existing VM
        (ovirt kvm vm) from one Ovirt node to another ?? Is it just a
> matter of copying the directory to the other node and restarting
        ovirt ?? i'd imagine that the DB would be out of date - is it> scanning the ovirt directories for existing hosts during start
        and fill in the DB with their details -or- would I have to
        create> new VMs and copy over the existing disks ?? better yet,
        is there a way to backup the ovirt mgmt host configuration and> restore it to a different host?

        > alex

Are you using local storage on your nodes to store the vm disks, or a shared storage?